Library Direction - Looking for input

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM

The current library is being set up with two public classes:
  • isdnAPI which is a cross between a straight port of the InfusionSoft API and ports of methods you'd find in the iSDK
  • isdnExtension which is a container for helpful methods that solve common problems in accessing the API
The more I look at the iSDK, I wonder if it wouldn't be wise to make this 3 separate classes by breaking out the iSDK methods into their own class so that people that are transitioning from working with the iSDK will have an easier time of it. 
What are your thoughts on this? I'm hoping to see some input on this in the coming days so I can go down that road and release our first beta release of the software.
MJG

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I'm using the library now for a project, but I have a significant problem: Error reporting. When attempting to add a contact, and some exception is thrown, there is no way to get the exception. If I fix up the main class to set a public read-only property for lastException, then clear it before a call and set it in the catch() block, that would give us some info. 

Are you taking code submissions for reintegration into the core?